torstai 10. syyskuuta 2015

Kahe kilo lanttu! - A rutabaga that weighs 2 kilos!

Otsikkoha tulloo tietenkii täst, krediitit iloselle kahe kilo siia pilkkijäle!

The header gives credit to this happy ice fisher, who stormed the Finnish-speaking web a few years ago and was so happy to catch a siika (European whitefish) that weighed awesome 2 kilos. Sorry if some of this is lost in translation or cultural differences...




20150909_171422

Kaikkee kivvaa perunast-rojekti ol tauol toisekii päivä, tein nachovuokaa Kotikoki ohjeel joskii ainha mie näitä vähä muuntelen. On muute hyyvvää vaikkei kuvast uskos. Mie ko näätse tein sitä tacokastike/salsa/mikäliesoossii, ni samantien sit tätä.

The project "101 ways to eat potatoes" was on hold for another day - I made the taco sauce/salsa yesterday, so I had good reasons to make a nacho casserole. Yummy it is, though the photo might not look like it.

20150910_124726

Nii se kahe kilo lanttu, se näyttää tuolt ja niit on tuos kaks. Ostin myöskii porkkanaa, purjoo, sellerii ja palsternakkaa. Sit ei ko pilkkomaa, raastamaa, kuorimaa. Nyt on ensimäine kuivurilline tulos ja toisee tarpeet, kolme pussillist keittojuurikkaita pistin pakkasee ja ko pesin nää sen ver hyväst, ni kuorist keitin viel kasvislieme. Se on nyt jäähtymäs ja sen jälkee se männöö pienis eris pakkasee kastikkeita varte. Mut nuo kuivatut ol niiko se päänumero täs, viime vuon tein valmista tavaraa muistaaksei 200 grammaa ja se piisas huhtikuule. Nyt tien ainakii tuplat, ko saatan antaa osan poiskii. Nii ja toine lanttu on viel korkkaamatta kokonaa.

A two-kilo rutabaga looks like that, there are two of them there. Huge! I bought carrots, leek, celery and parsnip, too, then I peeled, chopped and grated. This lot turned into about 3 litres of soup veggies (freezer), 3 litres of veggie stock (which I will freeze in small quantities to be used in sauces) and, the main point here, one full dehydrator which is humming beside me right now. When the first batch is dry, I still have another one to dehydrate. I store this mix in glass jars and use it by the handful when making sauces or soups. Last summer I made about 200 grams of it, which lasted until April, this year I'm doubling the amount as I'm planning to give some away, too. And yeah, that was just the first rutabaga I used. Like I said, they're huge.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti